COVID-19 Update – Nets Open Now
18th May 2020
We are pleased to advise that our outdoor net facilities at Swanmead are open for bookings through our Director of Cricket Gary Marshall. This is following much discussion by the committee regarding the welfare & safety of participants.
Use of the facilities is strictly subject to the conditions outlined below, and any abuse will result in the nets being made unavailable for all.
Cowdrey CC Use of facilities – starting Mon 18 May 2020
Rules for Facility Use During the Covid 19 Pandemic
These rules are subject to change at any time, without prior notice, in line with advice from the government, the ECB or any other relevant body.
Mon-Fri: 10am-8:30pm (last booking 8pm)
Sat: 10am-5pm (last booking 4pm)
Sun: 10am-5pm (last booking 4pm)
The outdoor areas of the Cricket Club will reopen to any fully paid members from the 2019 season, (members who have yet to do so are encouraged to pay the £40 membership donation for the 2020 season before using the CCC facilities).
All participants must follow the strict conditions in line with the ECB criteria:
• Members may only train with other members of their household or one other person.
• You must only exercise in groups of no more than two people, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
• If you are training with someone from outside of your household, 2 metres must be maintained between you at all times.
• One net only will be for use by advance booking only in 50 min blocks, with the middle net unavailable for use. 10 Minutes changeover at the end of bookings should be strictly observed.
• There will be no club equipment available. Members must bring their own ball and not share equipment with anyone outside of their household.
• If you are symptomatic, living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection or if you are classified as extremely vulnerable on health grounds, you should remain at home and follow Government guidance. If you have trained at the nets and become symptomatic within 7 days, you must immediately inform anyone who was training at the same time.
We cannot stress how important it is to adhere to these rules at all times. We reserve the right to restrict future access to any members not adhering to the rules.
Members should also be aware that:
• If open, toilet facilities may be used, but anyone entering the building must wash their hands for 20 seconds in accordance with government guidelines.
• Wickets/squares are unavailable for use until further notice.
• Only one-to-one coaching is permitted.
• Please bring your own first aid kit, if needed, and your own disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer. Please sanitize any equipment you have touched at the end of your session.
There are WHO free training courses available on line concerned with various aspects of Covid 19, including hand hygiene and PPE. Members and coaches are encouraged to participate using the link below.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact any member of the CCC Committee. Contact details for the Committee can be found here.
Updated 18th May 2020